Here is a recipe for a quick and easy cake using wholesome petite black soybeans and pancake mix.
For the batter, I use whole-wheat pancake mix. You can also try using a gluten-free mix available off-the-shelf in most markets.
About Petite Black Soybeans
Petite black soybeans are a flavorful and nutritious variety of the soy family.
They contain 2 times the polyphenol content of regular black soybeans and 5 times more compared to the yellow variety.
» Read more...
Brown sugar: 3 Tablespoons
Vegetable oil: 2 Tablespoons
Roasted petite black soybeans: 2 Tablespoons
Whole-wheat pancake mix: 200g (about 2 cups)
Cinnamon powder: 1/4 teaspoon
How to Prepare
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F).
- Add 2 tablespoons of roasted petite black soybeans to a teapot. Pour 2 cups boiling hot water. Let the tea brew for 10 minutes.
- Set 4 tablespoons of the tea aside and let it cool down (enjoy drinking the rest of the tea while preparing this recipe!)
- Take out all the beans from your tea and chop (coarse).
- Line your favorite baking pan or mold with parchment paper.
- Using a whisk, mix egg, brown sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of tea, the chopped beans and cinnamon to the mixture and stir. Add the pancake mix. Mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C (355°F) in the preheated oven. To check, insert a skewer into the cake; if it comes out clean, then it’s done!
- Remove from oven and unmold. Let cool on a rack and serve.
» show less
Latest posts by Yoshi (see all)
- Reflections and Hopes - December 18, 2017
- Easy Recipe for Japanese Rice with Mushrooms (Kinoko-Gohan) - September 27, 2017
- Reflections and Hopes - December 6, 2016