- Making Tea with Children Helps Teach Values
- Beautiful Harmony
- Memories of Cherry Blossoms
- Japanese Festival of Dolls (Hina-Matsuri)
- Keeping Warm in Winter the Japanese Way
- A hot summer day in Miyazaki
- Gentle rains of early May
- What is the best season to visit Japan?
- Reflections and Hopes
- Easy Recipe for Japanese Rice with Mushrooms (Kinoko-Gohan)
- Mountains, Sacred Myths, and Respect for Nature
- The Humble Rice Paddy Holds Secrets of Japan’s Soul
- A Bold, Beautiful Lady
- Place Where There Are No Strangers
- Reflections and Hopes
- How to Take a Japanese Style Bath at Home
- Flower From Another World
- Pearl Powder for Skin Care: Facts, Benefits and How to Use
- Traditional Japanese Beauty Tips
- Green Tea Over Rice (Ochazuke) Recipe Ideas
- Japanese Green and Herbal Teas
- Irises, Yomogi and Traditions of May
- The Legend of Satsue Mito
- Kumquat Preserve with Kudzu Syrup
- A Moment of Serenity in Midst of Busy Affairs
- Roasted Petite Black Soybean Tea Cake
- Traditions and New Year Wishes
- Winter is Half Over!
- Crustless Japanese Pumpkin Pie
- When Myth Becomes Reality
- Japanese Autumn
- Baked Autumn Salmon (Aki-Sake) Recipe
- The Beauty in Odd Table Settings
- Know Your Japanese Mushrooms
- Rice Harvest Season in Miyazaki
- Sun Protection the Japanese Way
- Iced Shiso Juice on a Hot Summer Day
- A Blanket of Health
- Still Modern After 1200 Years
- Happy 95th Birthday, Grandma!
Tag Archives: diaries
It felt not that long ago when we had the honor of celebrating the 94th birthday of Fumi-san, the grandmother of our Ms. Yuri.
A year has gone by so fast. Fumi-san just turned 95. She still lives by … Read the rest
Last week we had the honor of celebrating the 94th birthday of Fumi-san. She is the grandmother of Ms. Yuri Nonaka, whom many of our customers have known well for years.
Fumi-san, and Yuri’s mother, Kyoko-san came to the office … Read the rest
A friend of ours owns some land deep in the mountains of Miyazaki. It’s a couple of kilometers from the nearest house and the only sounds heard are those of nature. It is a wild place, where deer, boars and … Read the rest
I fell in love with Aya the first time I saw her. She sat quietly under an impossibly blue sky, ringed by emerald green mountains and evergreen forests.
The hills around her were dotted with wild camellia forests and citrus … Read the rest