This savory, jade-green matcha is made from highly-flavorful Kamairi (pan-roasted) variety tea leaves, stone-ground to silky perfection.
Matcha's health benefits by far exceed those of any other type of green tea. When you drink matcha, you ingest the whole tea leaf in powder form, not just the brewed water.
Make a traditional cup of matcha, or a savory cup of matcha latte. You can also make "matcha zhio" — a traditional garnishing for your vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, steaks and eggs, or as a rub to season poultry, fish and meats. See below for how-to.
To make Kamairi, fresh tea leaves are parched at high heat for ten minutes, after which they are rolled and dried in a four-step process. The result is a smooth tea with a sophisticated, rich flavor.
Producing Kamari is labor-intensive and requires skill. Kamairi teas are rare even in Japan as they account for about 2% of all Japanese tea production.
Grown, harvested and processed by traditional farmers in lush-green highlands of Kyushu island, southern Japan.
How to Make Matcha Latte
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (about 1 - 1.5 grams)
- 1 cup milk (whole or skim)
- Sugar or honey as needed
- Put matcha powder into a mug cup.
- Add sugar to taste. If you wish to use honey, do it after you have added milk in the following steps.
- Warm up a cup of milk
- Add small portion of warm milk to the mug and mix well until Matcha powder becomes pasty. Make sure the mixture is not lumpy.
- Keep adding the remaining milk a bit at a time and mix well.
Matcha-zhio is traditional Japanese seasoning with a sophisticated, clean and pleasantly complex taste.
It also cuts down the amount of salt used for seasoning and adds a natural, wonderfully vivid green color to foods.
- 2 teaspoon salt (preferably coarse)
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha powder
- Mix well in a small bowl
- Use as needed and store remainder in a shaker
How to Make Traditional Matcha
- Place a kettle of water over high heat.
- Remove kettle from heat just before water starts boiling (when it starts steaming).
- Let hot water cool down for a few minutes.
- Rinse tea cup with hot water.
- Dry cup with a soft towel.
- Add one cup of water to one tsp of matcha.
- Briskly whisk till it develops a soft foam.
Of all the teas I have tried, this one is my favourite! Very refreshing. Tastes wonderful. The fact that it is also organic, makes it even better. A tea that is good for me and a joy to enjoy. Thank you.
This is my first time actually trying and making matcha tea and I have to say it was delicious! Very good aroma, taste and my dad loves it too, Lol He asks for some when he has the chance xD All the benefits it brings is a big plus
It was a very happy surprise to discover that it was organic as well, and that the price was reasonable. Was perfectly happy with the products when they arrived, they even exceeded my expectations by far. The delivery was much faster than I would have expected. Great packaging too. I'm a very happy returning customer.
The tea taste great & the price is reasonable. I will definitely patronize again;)
I LOVE TEA..I LOVE TEA...Tea is healing, tea can wake you up.. tea can calm you down..tea can heals what ails you. Tea is sacred.I LOVE TEA... That being said, This is the brightest green, most beautiful creamy Matcha I have ever tried.Just buy some and compare it to any other you have purchased and see the difference! To fully enjoy its flavor,I highly recommend you learn how the Matcha needs to be prepared. It's special. It is worth it to do a little research on how to properly make a cup of Matcha tea. Youtube it! You can make it hot or cold! Learn how to make it the beautiful traditional Japanese way with a sifter and a bamboo whisk and Matcha bowl and I guarantee you will feel just the process of making this special tea will be something you look forward to. It is a beautiful way to serenely start your busy day or a calm way to end your day.WAWAZA THANK YOU for my favorite tea!