This savory, jade-green matcha is made from highly-flavorful Kamairi (pan-roasted) tea leaves, stone-ground to silky perfection.
Matcha's health benefits far exceed any other green tea type. When you drink matcha, you ingest the whole tea leaf in powder form, not just the brewed water.
Make a traditional cup of matcha, or a delicious cup of matcha latte. You can also make "matcha zhio" — a traditional garnishing for your vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, steaks, and eggs, or as a rub to season poultry, fish, and meats. See below for the how-to.
To make Kamairi, fresh tea leaves are parched at high heat for ten minutes, after which they are rolled and dried in a four-step process. The result is a smooth tea with a sophisticated, rich flavor.
Producing Kamari is labor-intensive and requires skill. Kamairi teas are rare even in Japan as they account for about 2% of all Japanese tea production.
JAS Certified Organic
Grown, harvested and processed by traditional farmers in lush-green highlands of Kyushu island, southern Japan.
How to Make Matcha Latte
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (about 1 - 1.5 grams)
- 1 cup of unsweetened, plain soy milk (or milk if you prefer dairy)
- Sugar or honey as needed
- Sift the matcha powder into a mug cup using a fine-mesh tea strainer.
- Add sugar to taste. If you wish to use honey instead, do it after adding the soy milk (or milk) in the steps below.
- Warm up the soy milk
- Add a small portion of warm soy milk to the mug. Using a tea whisk (bamboo whisk), whisk the mixture in a quick “M” or “W” shaped motion till matcha dissolves entirely, and all the lumps are gone. If you don’t have a tea whisk, use a small spatula or a fork and whisk/stir briskly.
- Add the remaining soy milk and mix well. If you wish to add honey instead of sugar, do it after you mix in all the milk.
Matcha-zhio is a traditional Japanese seasoning with a sophisticated, clean, and pleasantly complex taste. It also reduces the amount of salt used for seasoning and adds a natural, wonderfully vivid green color to foods.
- 2 teaspoon salt (preferably coarse)
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha powder
- Mix well in a small bowl
- Use as needed and store the rest in a shaker
How to Make Traditional Matcha
- Place a kettle of water over high heat.
- Remove the kettle from heat just before the water starts boiling (when it starts steaming).
- Let hot water cool down for a few minutes.
- Rinse the tea cup with hot water.
- Dry cup with a soft towel.
- Add one cup of water to one tsp of matcha.
- Briskly whisk till it develops a soft foam.
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So I’ve been on this matcha train for a while now and I gotta say, this one’s a winner in terms of taste and texture. If they could bring the price down a bit, it’d be 5 stars from me, no doubt.
OMG, this matcha is everything! I’ve tried a bunch but nothing comes close to this one. The color, the texture, it’s all just perfect. It tastes amazing and it’s organic too, which is a total win-win. I’m hooked and I can’t start my day without it. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out big time!
This Matcha Tea has a wonderful smooth taste. Very happily surprised.
Of all the teas I have tried, this one is my favourite! Very refreshing. Tastes wonderful. The fact that it is also organic, makes it even better. A tea that is good for me and a joy to enjoy. Thank you.
This is my first time actually trying and making matcha tea and I have to say it was delicious! Very good aroma, taste and my dad loves it too, Lol He asks for some when he has the chance xD All the benefits it brings is a big plus
It was a very happy surprise to discover that it was organic as well, and that the price was reasonable. Was perfectly happy with the products when they arrived, they even exceeded my expectations by far. The delivery was much faster than I would have expected. Great packaging too. I'm a very happy returning customer.
The tea taste great & the price is reasonable. I will definitely patronize again;)
I LOVE TEA... I LOVE TEA...Tea is healing, tea can wake you up, calm you down and heal you. This is the brightest green, most beautiful creamy Matcha I have ever tried. Just buy some and compare it to any other you have purchased and see the difference! To fully enjoy its flavor, I recommend you learn how the Matcha needs to be prepared. It is worth doing a little research on how to make a cup of Matcha tea properly. Youtube it! You can make it hot or cold! Learn how to make it the beautiful traditional Japanese way with a sifter and a bamboo whisk, and Matcha bowl, and I guarantee you will feel just the process of making this special tea will be something you look forward to. It is a beautiful way to serenely start your busy day or a calm way to end your day. WAWAZA THANK YOU for my favorite tea!