Ready In: 10 Minutes Recipe Makes: 1 cup
You can swap out your morning coffee with a refreshing cup of umami-rich matcha latte. It is easy to prepare at home, and you do not need any special tools.
Matcha is powdered green tea. The health benefits of matcha by far exceed those of any other type of green teas. When you drink matcha, you ingest the whole tea leaf, not just the brewed water.
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup of milk (whole or skim)
- Sugar, brown sugar or honey to taste
- Put matcha powder into a mug cup.
- Add sugar to taste. If you wish to use honey instead, do it after you have added the milk in the steps below.
- Warm up the milk
- Add a small portion of warm milk to the mug. Mix well till matcha dissolves completely and all the lumps are gone.
- Add the remaining milk and mix well. If you wish to add honey instead of sugar, do it after you mix in all the milk.