In Japan, kuzu-yu is served as a hot dessert drink and an herbal remedy for colds, sore throats, headaches, hangovers, and upset stomach.
Kuzu-yu is tasty, easy to prepare, and guaranteed to keep you warm in winter.
How to Make a Cup of Kuzu-Yu
- Add one tablespoon of kudzu root powder to one cup of cold water.
- Add brown sugar or honey to taste.
- Add any other seasoning you like such as ground ginger, cinnamon, soy sauce or even matcha tea powder.
- Mix well with a small whisk or spoon.
- Simmer mixture in a pan while still whisking for about 2 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Serve warm.