Ready In: 10 Minutes
Recipe Makes: 1 cup
Making a healthy, uplifting cup of organic matcha latte at home is easy, and you do not need any special tools.
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup of milk (whole or skim)
- Sugar or honey as needed
- Put matcha powder into a mug cup.
- Add sugar as you wish. If you wish to use honey, do it after you have added milk in the following steps.
- Warm up the milk
- Add small portion of warm milk to the mug and mix well until Matcha powder becomes pasty. Make sure the mixture is not lumpy.
- Keep adding the remaining milk a bit at a time and mix well. If you wish to add honey (instead of sugar) do it after you have mixed in all the milk.
Yoshi is a contributing editor for Miyazaki Whispers. She holds a 5-dan rank in Japanese Kyudo Archery, and has lived and worked in Japan, UK and US in global marketing and as an IT localization professional. Yoshi's interests are Japanese and western cuisine and kimono art.
Latest posts by Yoshi (see all)
- Reflections and Hopes - December 6, 2016
- Flower From Another World - September 22, 2016
- Pearl Powder for Skin Care: Facts, Benefits and How to Use - July 20, 2016