This traditional Japanese mushroom tea is a natural source of beta-glucans, recognized for their immune boosting and anticancer properties (see references below.)
Smooth, slightly sweet and very mushroomy flavor.
Made from kofuki variety of saru-no-koshikake mushrooms, also known as Ganoderma applanatum.
Wild-harvested at the base of Mt. Kirishima in Miyazaki prefecture.
Easy brew instructions below.
Wild-Harvested • All-Natural
Region: Miyazaki Prefecture, Japan
Ingredients: 100% Japanese Ganoderma applanatum mushroom
Net Weight: 60 grams
Product of Japan
How to Brew
The following instructions are for making four 250 ml cups (1 liter).
- Pour 4 cups of cold water into a kettle. Add 4 grams (1 flat tbsp.)
- Heat to a full, rolling boil.
- Turn heat down, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
- Medicinal Benefits of the Mushroom Ganoderma -- Advances in Applied Microbiology, Volume 37, 1992, Pages 101-134
- Effect of Polysaccharides from Ganoderma applanatum on Immune Responses -- Nakashima, S. , Umeda, Y. and Kanada, T. (1979), Microbiology and Immunology, 23: 501-513. doi:10.1111/j.1348-0421.1979.tb00489.
- Antitumor Activity of Water-Soluble β-D-Glucan Elaborated by Ganoderma applanatum -- Agricultural and Biological Chemistry. Vol. 45 (1981) No. 1 pp 323-326
- Isolation and characterization of antitumor active β-d-glucans from the fruit bodies of Ganoderma applanatum -- Carbohydrate Research. 115(1):273–280; Apr 1983
- Antibacterial Activity of Steroidal Compounds Isolated from Ganoderma applanatum -- International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. V1, 1999 Issue 4, p 325-330
- Ganoderma applanatum secondary metabolites induced apoptosis through different pathways: In vivo and in vitro anticancer studies -- Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Volume 101, May 2018, Pages 264-277
- Ganoderma applanatum: a promising mushroom for antitumor and immunomodulating activity == Phytother. Res., 22: 614-619. doi:10.1002/ptr.2294
- Antioxidative activities and chemical characterization of polysaccharide extracts from the widely used mushrooms Ganoderma applanatum, Ganoderma lucidum, Lentinus edodes and Trametes versicolor -- Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 26, Issues 1–2, May–June 2012, Pages 144-153
- Applanatumin A, a New Dimeric Meroterpenoid from Ganoderma applanatum That Displays Potent Antifibrotic Activity -- Organic Letters, Publication Date:February 23, 2015
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the Ganoderma applanatum extracts induces apoptosis on SGC‐7901 gastric cancer cells -- CELL BIOCHEMISTRY AND FUNCTION 24 February 2011; 29: 175–182. DOI: 10.1002/cbf.1735.
this is the most enjoyable tea i have. it is very nourishing and tasty and always makes me feel satisfied and comforted. I never thought I would love a mushroom tea.