Discover a traditional Japanese tea experience known for its health benefits and earthy, delicious flavor.
❤ Beta-glucans Richness: Naturally found in our tea, beta-glucans are acclaimed for initiating the body's defense mechanisms against harmful pathogens.
❤ Powerful Health Attributes: The Ganoderma mushroom offers an array of therapeutic properties:
❤ Defensive Powerhouse: Exhibits antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-tumor activities.
❤ Immunity Amplifier: Amplifies your body's immune cell responsiveness, priming them to be on high alert.
❤ Holistic Wellness: Proven to enhance overall well-being and health.
A delightful balance of smoothness with a hint of sweetness, underpinned by a pronounced mushroom flavor.
Easy brew instructions below.
Provenance & Quality
- Variety: Crafted from the kofuki variant of saru-no-koshikake mushrooms (Ganoderma applanatum).
- Harvesting Locale: Handpicked in the wild, nestled at the foot of Mount Kirishima in Miyazaki. This rich volcanic region, inhabited by diverse wildlife, is renowned for its nutrient-dense soil, fostering an abundance of mushrooms integral to local culinary and medicinal practices.
- Quality Assurance: Wild-Harvested. All-Natural. Pesticide-free. Lovingly handpicked, sun-dried, and meticulously diced.
How to Brew
The following instructions are for making four 250 ml cups (1 liter).
- Pour 4 cups of cold water into a kettle. Add 4 grams (1 flat tbsp.)
- Heat to a full, rolling boil.
- Turn heat down, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off, and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
For the enthusiasts keen on exploring the depth of research around the Ganoderma mushroom, we have curated the following scientific studies:
- Medicinal Benefits of the Mushroom Ganoderma -- Advances in Applied Microbiology, Volume 37, 1992, Pages 101-134
- Effect of Polysaccharides from Ganoderma applanatum on Immune Responses -- Nakashima, S. , Umeda, Y. and Kanada, T. (1979), Microbiology and Immunology, 23: 501-513. doi:10.1111/j.1348-0421.1979.tb00489.
- Antitumor Activity of Water-Soluble β-D-Glucan Elaborated by Ganoderma applanatum -- Agricultural and Biological Chemistry. Vol. 45 (1981) No. 1 pp 323-326
- Isolation and characterization of antitumor active β-d-glucans from the fruit bodies of Ganoderma applanatum -- Carbohydrate Research. 115(1):273–280; Apr 1983
- Antibacterial Activity of Steroidal Compounds Isolated from Ganoderma applanatum -- International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. V1, 1999 Issue 4, p 325-330
- Ganoderma applanatum secondary metabolites induced apoptosis through different pathways: In vivo and in vitro anticancer studies -- Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, Volume 101, May 2018, Pages 264-277
- Ganoderma applanatum: a promising mushroom for antitumor and immunomodulating activity == Phytother. Res., 22: 614-619. doi:10.1002/ptr.2294
- Antioxidative activities and chemical characterization of polysaccharide extracts from the widely used mushrooms Ganoderma applanatum, Ganoderma lucidum, Lentinus edodes and Trametes versicolor -- Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, Volume 26, Issues 1–2, May–June 2012, Pages 144-153
- Applanatumin A, a New Dimeric Meroterpenoid from Ganoderma applanatum That Displays Potent Antifibrotic Activity -- Organic Letters, Publication Date:February 23, 2015 https://doi.org/10.1021/ol503610b
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of the Ganoderma applanatum extracts induces apoptosis on SGC‐7901 gastric cancer cells -- CELL BIOCHEMISTRY AND FUNCTION 24 February 2011; 29: 175–182. DOI: 10.1002/cbf.1735.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Everything that I tried is lovely
Read about the health benefits on the net. The mild flavor is perfect for my palette. There is a hint of a woody, earthy flavor. Customer service is always wonderful!! I highly recommend this tea!
I really like this tea. I had heard good things about the tea for health but was concerned it wouldn't taste good. I was pleasantly surprised. It's one of my new favorite teas now.
This is the most enjoyable tea I have. It is very nourishing and tasty and always makes me feel satisfied and comforted. I never thought I would love a mushroom tea.