Kaki persimmon leaves contain natural antihistamines, and significantly more skin-loving vitamin C compared to lemons (studies suggest up to twelve times.)
❤ Inhibits skin's melanin levels
❤ Evens tone and lightens dark spots
❤ Boosts collagen production
❤ Helps relieve itchiness and inflammation
❤ Alleviates fluid retention (edema)
❤ Promotes immunity against flu and colds
Called 'kaki-no-ha cha' in Japanese. Made from leaves of kaki persimmon tree native to southern Japan.
Wild-Harvested • All-Natural
Pesticide-free. Prepared from freshly-picked leaves and cut in strips in traditional tanzaku-giri (短冊きり) style for optimal brewing.
How to Quick-Brew in 3 Minutes
The following instructions are for making 4 cups (800 ml total.)
- Add 5 grams (2 heaping tablespoons) of persimmon leaves to a pot.
- Add 4 cups of near-boiling water.
- Brew for about 3 minutes.
- Strain and serve hot, cold or over ice.
How to Deep-Brew the Traditional Japanese Way (Senjiru)
Note: Senjiru brewing will extract more of the leaves' bitter polyphenols.
- Pour a little more than 4 cups of cold water into a pot.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of persimmon leaves.
- Heat to a full, rolling boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat off and wait for 10 minutes.
- Strain and serve.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Delicious gentle flavor, earthy and soothing. Wonderful for relaxing an/or drinking anytime you do not want caffeine.